Program and Events Assistant
Are you as passionate about Kananaskis Country as we are? The Friends of Kananaskis Country are currently looking for a 6 month part-time (15 hours/week) from April – October, Program and Events Assistant based in Canmore, AB.
About the Opportunity:
The Program and Events Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the Trail Stewardship Program and Event coordination with additional Administrative duties, including:
- Assist in planning and executing volunteer trail events;
- Liaise with the Alberta Parks Trails staff and other stakeholders;
- Maintain volunteer database;
- Assist with design, planning and execution of the various annual Friends’ events;
- Assist and develop the volunteer recognition program;
- Assist with the development of appropriate promotional or marketing materials;
- Effectively carry out office administrative duties, including maintaining a regular presence in the Canmore office.
- Previous experience working as an assistant or in a clerical capacity required;
- Previous experience working in a volunteer organization preferred;
- Project management experience preferred;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media;
- Ability to work independently and consistently with high degree of detail and problem solving;
- A passion and knowledge for the outdoors, Kananaskis Country and for working with volunteers.
Sound exciting? We think so. We offer a competitive wage. Ideal candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, February 24, 2017, indicating the position title. Further information regarding this position and the Friends of Kananaskis can be found on our website at www.kanananskis.org.