As we approach the holiday season, we wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR – may your holidays sparkle with joy, peace and the magic of Kananaskis Country. And now, we present to you our special gift, back by popular demand…pour yourself an eggnog, warm up those vocal cords, and sing along with this year’s Friends of Kananaskis Country Twelve Days of Christmas (at an appropriate distance from any fellow carolers).
A Time for Giving
There are many ways to express your gratitude for Kananaskis Country and we are always grateful for contributions that help us maintain our programs and operations.
We are continuously exploring ways to broaden our trail stewardship role and offer more opportunity for community engagement to add value to Kananaskis Country. We forecast the following 2021 projects:
- Public Land Trail Maintenance Projects: Continued volunteer support for on-going trail maintenance in the Kananaskis Country and Sibbald Public Land Use Zones.
- Alberta Parks Trail Support: To continue assisting Alberta Parks with building and maintaining its designated trails.
- Canmore Nordic Centre: Continue construction work on the 4.5 km Iliad Trail, ski trail brushing, and ongoing trail maintenance.
- Razor’s Edge Trail: trail maintenance on upper portion of Razor’s and minor finishing work on the 2 km connector trail.
- Canmore Area: Trail maintenance and minor reroutes on Montane Traverse Trail and Horseshoe Trail network.
- Light Work Crew: Brushing trails, inventorying and installing signage, minor trail maintenance.
We encourage you to help us achieve our full ‘trail stewardship’ potential by donating. Together we can do more for Kananaskis trails and trail users.
Friends of Kananaskis Country is a registered charity in good standing and we provide charitable receipts for donations over $25.00. You can reach us directly by mail at the address below, or online via CandaHelps.
Friends of Kananaskis Country
201-800 Railway Avenue
Canmore, AB T1W 1P1