Are you as passionate about Kananaskis Country as we are? The Friends of Kananaskis Country are currently looking for a temporary full-time (40 hours/week) Trail Care Supervisor starting in April 2022. This position will work from approximately April to October.
The Trail Care Supervisor is responsible for supervising the Trail Care program. This is a technical field position combined with volunteer management, public outreach, and program development responsibilities.
Primary duties include:
- Lead approved annual Trail Care work plan for both front-country (< 5km trail access to work site) and backcountry (> 5km trail access to work site).
- Ensure FKC safe work practices and policies are followed by volunteers.
- Coordinate projects, supplies and equipment, delivering tools or equipment to various project sites as necessary.
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment, including hand tools, small power tools, chainsaw, and e-bikes.
- Recruit, train and lead volunteer crew leaders.
- Plan, prepare and lead regularly occurring volunteer trail days ranging in size from 5-20 volunteers.
- Lead specialized backcountry volunteer program.
- A post-secondary Degree in a related field and/or experience commensurate with the needs of the position.
- Experience in multi-use trail design, layout, construction and maintenance using hand tools.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs and work under all outdoor conditions.
- Experience leading a team, coaching, and/or supervising required.
- First aid certification required. Wilderness First Aid certification an asset.
- Clearing saw or chainsaw certification an asset.
- Experience with Excel and Word required.
- A passion and knowledge for the outdoors, Kananaskis Country and for working with volunteers.
Sound exciting? We think so. We offer a competitive wage ($30-$35/hr). To apply, please send a resume and compelling cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To view the Trail Care Supervisor – Job Description – CLICK HERE.