Bookmark this page!
We post all the volunteer projects and upcoming events here. Please do NOT just show up for a volunteer project. It is important to Sign Up First to insure we have sufficient tools, equipment, supervision and to be able to notify you of project changes.
- This event has passed.
Powderface Ridge – Maintenance
July 27, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Friends of Kananaskis Country
TRAIL CARE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
POWDERFACE RIDGE – GENERAL MAINTENANCE
The Powderface Ridge trail has not received much trail maintenance over the years. Let’s give it some TLC.
Date: July 27, 2021
Meeting time: 9:00am (work day: 9:00am-3:00pm)
Meeting location: Powderface Ridge Trailhead: go through Bragg Creek to Kananaskis Country. Turn right (West) on Hwy 66, past Elbow Falls and Powderface Day Use, to the Powderface Ridge Trailhead (see map).
What to expect: The level of effort will be moderate and mainly include hand tool work for trail maintenance tasks including improving trail tread and drainage issues, moving rock, limbing of branches, reducing braiding and shoveling/raking out rutting. Expect a 7 km return hike with approx. 400m of elevation gain.
What to bring: Come prepared to work in an outdoor environment. Dress in layers, bring a backpack and rain gear, hat, sunglasses & sunscreen, supportive footwear (i.e. sturdy hiking boots), work gloves, along with your lunch, snacks, water for the day, bear spray, and any other personal items you may want/need. All tools will be supplied.
REMINDER: Effective June 1, 2021 a Kananaskis Conservation Pass is required to park your vehicle at provincial park and public lands sites in Kananaskis and the Bow Valley.
Volunteer Agreement Form: You will need to fill out this volunteer agreement waiver prior to working on a trail care event. The form will be valid until March 31, 2022. To accelerate the paperwork process, please visit the link above to fill out this form ASAP prior to the trail day.
VOLUNTEERING & COVID-19
Please ensure you read the points below so we can all be safe while volunteering. Do not register for a trail day if you:
- Have symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough, shortness of breath, body aches and pains, sudden loss of taste or smell, or any feeling of illness.
- Have been in direct contact with anyone with the above symptoms or who has COVID 19 in the past 10 days.
- Have travelled outside of Canada within the past 14 days
- If you’ve had COVID 19, but have not had a negative post-infection test.
Each volunteer will be required to bring the following mandatory personal protective equipment:
- Work gloves
- Safety glasses
- Hand sanitizer
Please contact our Coordinator email@example.com if you have any questions or comments.
- Sign up closes at 12pm on the day prior to the event.
- Confirmed sign-ups will receive a reminder email the day prior to the event with additional information on what to bring and any updates to meeting time/place.
- If you haven’t already signed up as an FKC or CTA volunteer, you can do that here
VOLUNTEER AND/OR DONATE
Friends of Kananaskis Country offer a few ways to express your gratitude for Kananaskis Country – VOLUNTEER and/or DONATE!
We are always grateful for your volunteering and/or financial contributions that help us maintain our programs and operations, and contribute to the stewardship of Kananaskis Country. Visit our website to make a donation.