Bookmark this page!
We post all the volunteer projects and upcoming events here. Please do NOT just show up for a volunteer project. It is important to Sign Up First to insure we have sufficient tools, equipment, supervision and to be able to notify you of project changes.
- This event has passed.
June 10, 2021 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Friends of Kananaskis Country & Canmore Trail Alliance
TRAIL DAY CALL OUT – VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
GRASSI LAKES TRAIL
Alberta Parks staff have been working on improving sections of the Grassi Lakes Trail. We are looking for 4 volunteers to help with trail finishing and reclamation work.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Moderate work, mainly using hand tool for cutting roots, raking, and moving rocks and trees for reclamation.
Thursday, June 10
MEETING LOCATION & TIME
Meet at 8:30 AM the Grassi Lakes Parking. Session will run 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Note: Should weather not cooperate and we need to cancel, we will notify you by email around 12pm the day before the event.
WHAT TO BRING
Come prepared to work all day in an outdoor environment. All of the tools and equipment will be supplied.
MANDATORY PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Mask (to be worn if <2m proximity to others due to trail work task or interaction with public)
- Hand sanitizer
CLOTHING: Dress in layers and be prepared for changing mountain weather.
- Sturdy footwear (workboots or hiking boots. No sneakers, sandals, etc).
- Long pants and long-sleeved shirt
- Rain gear
- Sunglasses & sunscreen
OTHER PERSONAL ITEMS
- Lunch & Snacks
- Water for the day
- Bear spray
- Other personal gear (e.g. insect repellent, medications, toiletries)
VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT FORM
All participants will need to fill out this volunteer agreement waiver. The form can be filled out once, and will be valid until March 31, 2022. To accelerate the paperwork process, please visit the link above to fill out this form ASAP prior to the day.
VOLUNTEERING & COVID-19
Please ensure you read the points below so we can all be safe while volunteering. Do not register for a trail day if you:
- Have symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough, shortness of breath, body aches and pains, sudden loss of taste or smell, or any feeling of illness.
- Have been in direct contact with anyone with the above symptoms or who has COVID 19 in the past 10 days.
- Have travelled outside of Canada within the past 14 days
- If you’ve had COVID 19, but have not had a negative post-infection test.
Please contact our Coordinator email@example.com if you have any questions or comments.
Sign up closes at 12pm on the day prior to the event. Confirmed sign-ups will receive a reminder email the day prior to the event with additional information on what to bring and any updates to meeting time/place.