Bookmark this page!
We post all the volunteer projects and upcoming events here. Please do NOT just show up for a volunteer project. It is important to Sign Up First to insure we have sufficient tools, equipment, supervision and to be able to notify you of project changes.
- This event has passed.
CNC – Ski Trail Brushing
September 4, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
TRAIL CARE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
CANMORE NORDIC CENTRE – SKI TRAIL BRUSHING
Help build your local trail community! This project will focus on some off-season work on the Nordic Centre’s winter trails. We’ll be brushing back ~2 metres of vegetation from the edge of the ski trails to maximize the trail width in winter months when the trail-side trees and shrubs get loaded with snow and encroach into the skiable area. Specific details about each trail care date, what to bring, meeting location, etc. will be communicated in a reminder email to all volunteers who have signed up.
NOTE: some trails that are further out in the Nordic Centre may be best accessed via bike (riding gravel/dirt roads). Details on if a bike is suggested for a specific project date will be communicated in the reminder email.
Saturdays: August 21, 28, September 4, 11, 18, 25
WHAT TO EXPECT
The level of effort for this project is easy to moderate. We’ll be walking several kilometres and doing pruning and clipping of vegetation, and removing our cuttings from the ski trails
VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT FORM
You will need to fill out this volunteer agreement waiver prior to working on a trail care event. The form can be filled out once, and will be valid until March 31, 2022. To accelerate the paperwork process, please visit the link above to fill out this form ASAP prior to the trail day.
REMINDER: Effective June 1, 2021 a Kananaskis Conservation Pass is required to park your vehicle at provincial park and public lands sites in Kananaskis and the Bow Valley.
- Sign up closes at 12pm on the day prior to the event.
- Confirmed sign-ups will receive a reminder email the day prior to the event with additional information on what to bring and any updates to meeting time/place.
- If you haven’t already signed up as an FKC or CTA volunteer, you can do that here
VOLUNTEERING & COVID-19
Please ensure you read the points below so we can all be safe while volunteering. Do not register for a trail day if you:
- Have symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough, shortness of breath, body aches and pains, sudden loss of taste or smell, or any feeling of illness.
- Have been in direct contact with anyone with the above symptoms or who has COVID 19 in the past 10 days.
- Have travelled outside of Canada within the past 14 days
- If you’ve had COVID 19, but have not had a negative post-infection test.
Each volunteer will be required to bring the following mandatory personal protective equipment:
- Work gloves
- Mask (to be worn if <2m proximity to others due to trail work task or interaction with public)
- Safety glasses
- Hand sanitizer
Please contact our Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments.
VOLUNTEER AND/OR DONATE
Friends of Kananaskis Country offer a few ways to express your gratitude for Kananaskis Country – VOLUNTEER and/or DONATE!
We are always grateful for your volunteering and/or financial contributions that help us maintain our programs and operations, and contribute to the stewardship of Kananaskis Country.
Visit our website to make a donation.